ICMN2020 ABSTRACTS PLATFORM
Abstracts describing innovative Glial and Vascular Contributions to Neurodegenerative Diseases will be eligible for submission and consideration for the ICMN2020.
Submitting abstracts and reviewing abstracts are possible only through the ICMN2020 platform. Accessing this platform requires a user account. Upon the creation of a user account, confirmation email will be sent from email@example.com.
For any questions on this platform, please contact the secretariat via telephone or email.
+1.224.938.9523 (Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm US Central Time)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS AND TRAVEL FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2020!SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT OR LOG IN TO THE PLATFORM.
Who can submit abstracts?
How many co-authors are allowed on an abstract?
There is no limit to the number of co-authors per abstract, although we strongly recommend listing co-authors if they meet ALL the following criteria:
– made substantial contributions to concept and design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data,
– drafted the abstract or revised it for intellectual content,
– approved the final version to be submitted.
What is the allowed size of the abstract?
Can I include graphs or tables in my abstract?
A maximum of three tables/graphs in total can be included. Please note that each image must be less than 4MB and should be formatted as PNG, JPG or GIF files, with ideally 600 dpi. Adobe PDF files are not accepted.
To add an image into your abstract, please click on the “Add Media” button, located on the top left corner of the Abstract body field. Once inserted, you can left/center/right align it in the body of the abstract. To maintain the resolution, we ask that you do not shrink the embedded image. Also, please note that all captions MUST be saved with the graphic file.
IMPORTANT NOTE: you cannot copy/paste an image into the form – all images must be uploaded as instructed above.
How does the review process work?
Payment: All presenters whose abstract has been accepted must register for the meeting and pay the corresponding meeting registration fee BEFORE Friday, March 6, 2020*. Failure to do so will imply an automatic removal from the program.
*Please note that seating is limited and registration will close as soon as we have reached capacity – this may happen BEFORE the above deadline. We encourage all abstract submitters to pay for their registration as soon as they submit their work/abstracts.
Availability: Presenters must be available to present at any time during the meeting, i.e., between May 21 through May 23, 2020. We will not accommodate changes based on the individuals’ varying departures from the conference.
- All short talks will be 15 minutes (12 min presentation + 3 min Q&A).
- All slide presentations must be formatted in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, 16:9 slide size and forwarded to the Secretariat by Monday, May 15, 2020, 5pm US Eastern Time. No slide decks will be accepted thereafter.
- Presentations will only be projected from the conference laptops.
- Podium presenters are expected to attend the entire session in which their paper is featured.
Poster Sessions are scheduled over the first two days of the conference (the Organizers reserve the right to modify this structure based on the amount of abstracts accepted):
- Authors are required to be present at their posters during assigned dates and times.
- Posters dimensions will be communicated soon.
- If more than one of your abstracts may be accepted for poster presentation, please be prepared to assign another presenter (from the list of authors) for those second, third, etc. posters.
- Posters which are not removed by the date/time listed above will be discarded.
- Should you need to cancel your registration/participation, please inform the Secretariat at your earliest convenience.
Can I request a Letter of Support to obtain a travel visa?
Please note that the ICMN Secretariat will not issue any invitation letters in support of your visas to enter the US. These are exclusively reserved for our invited lecturers only. Instead, ICMN will provide Letters of Support.
To obtain such a Letter of Support, you first need to register for the conference and pay in full. ICMN will issue these letters (via email) which will include your name, affiliation, address as well as our confirmation of your registration payment and information about the conference itself.
The Letter of Support does not financially or otherwise obligate the conference organizers in any way. All expenses incurred in relation to the conference and immigration requirements are your sole responsibility.
NOTE: Should your visa request be declined, please note that our refund policies will remain in place.
I have to cancel my registration - how do I do this?
Requests for cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to +1.312 278.0787. Refunds are subject to a $35 processing fee through February 28, 2020. No refunds will be made available on or after March 1, 2020.